Kindness is being concerned about the welfare of others. Kindness is showing you care about anyone or anything that crosses your path, knowing that everything is part of Godís creation. Kindness means to care for others and the earth as much or more than you care about yourself. Kindness is showing love to someone who is sad or needs your help.
I am practicing Kindness
- Give tender attention to someone who is sad or needs help
- Do things that give others happiness
- Practice habits that help the earth
- Resist the temptation to be cruel
- Accept people who are different
- Take good care of animals
- Remember that I am connected to all of creation
I am kind. I look for ways to help others. I show kindness to any person or animal I see. I do all I can to take care of the earth.
This virtue write-up comes from the work of The Virtue Project. The Virtues Project is a global grassroots initiative to inspire the practice of virtues in everyday life. The Project is sparking a global revolution of kindness, justice, and integrity in more than 95 countries through its facilitators and Virtues Connections. For more information visit www.virtuesproject.com.